Here is the recipe, great idea if its raining outside and they are bored.
200g plain flour
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
A few drops of food colouring
- Put the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil into a large saucepan.
- Add the food colouring slowly and mix it thoroughly to get rid of as many lumps as possible.
- Put the pan over a low heat and cook, stirring constantly. It will begin to thicken very quickly.
- Keep stirring until the dough becomes very stiff.
- Take out of the pan and let it cool.
- Put the pan to soak straight away.
Warning - the inside of the dough will be hot for a long time. To keep the dough fresh, store it in a sealed bag or tub with a tight fitting lid.