08 February 2009

Flapjacks

I fancied making some flapjacks this afternooon. The recipe is below, I have altered it slightly to include raisins, but that is optional.

It appears to be a favourite in our household, next time I make some I will double the recipe. I was going to photo them but they weren't around long enough.

Recipe for Flapjacks

4oz Margarine or better still butter
3oz (just under 1/2 cup) golden syrup
3oz (just under 1/2 cup) sugar
8oz (approx 2 2/3 cups) rolled oats
2oz raisins (optional)

Put butter, syrup and sugar in large glass bowl and place in microwave. Heat until melted. If you don’t have a microwave then use a saucepan on the stove top.

Stir in oats and raisins (optional) and mix well
Spread in a 9″ x 12″ well greased baking sheet and press down with the back of a cold metal spoon.
Cook for 20-30 mins at 350F (180C)

Leave to cool for 5 mins and then cut into squares, it needs to be cut whilst soft. Then enjoy!!

2 comments:

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I so love Flapjacks!
Have a lovely week!
Debbie Moss

Shabby Chick said...

Hi Sue, thanks so much for popping over to my blog and your comment, I'm really sorry I haven't got back to you before! I love those hearts you made with the Nordic fabric, they are gorgeous. And your flapjack recipe is making me hungry! I've become one of your followers if that's OK, so you will no doubt see me again very soon :)

Mel xxx